Body work and paint.

Hi all,

I live in the wilds of the North West of England.

Lytham St Annes to be precise.

My 6 is starting to look a bit tired on the body work front,

nothing major, little bits of tin worm and stone chips, that sort of thing,

I need the services of a sypathetic artisan who would be able to make her

pretty again, any ideas chaps?

I would like to find someone a bit local?

While we are at it, a good trimmer would also be useful.

Tally ho,

Juice.

Hi Juice (?)

Having worked in a bodyshop as an apprentice panel beater/sprayer in the dim and distant days of my youth, I can tell you (and it's no big secret) that anything you are able to do yourself will cut the cost of any bodywork jobs considerably.

Just things like removing bumpers/door trim/mirrors/lights etc means that the bodywork guys can get on with what they're good at....bodywork, Having to spend several hours taking off bumpers that are held on by rusted nuts means an extra bill (or less time spent on your bodywork if it's a fixed price jobbie)

At the other end of the scale, removing wings/doors can also help if you feel capable enough and can transport the car to the body shop by trailer.

It's not just about saving money, rather spending the money in the right places.

Regards

Simon

Just like to endorse Bob's post. I am on the second TR built and painted by Colin Bradshaw (from the days when he lived down here in the South). THe man is a perfectionist and a true enthusiast. Just check out his own TR4A - it's immaculate!

Usual disclaimer - no financial connection, just a happy customer but he's also become a good friend over the last 15 years.

Hi Juice

Try these out, they are very close to you on the Peel Industrial Estate just off the Ballam Road. www.automirage.co.uk If you trawl through their website you can see some pics of mine. I've no connection with them, just a very saisfied customer. If you ring them ask for Terry or Lee.

Regards

Dex

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone,

Sorry for not replying earlier, I have been away.

Lots of information there for me to ponder.

Dex, thanks for showing me yours,

Its magnificent, I will not show you mine,

to embarrassed.

Maybe after she has had a face lift.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers,

Juice.