TR4 Seat Runner Rollers?

Just taken my (rusty) seat runners apart to clean, paint & lubricate and find that one seat has 2 rollers in each runner with rubber rings, presumably to facilitate seat adjustment.

1. Are these rollers/'O' rings available? (can't see them in any of the parts catalogues)

2. If not what are the alternatives.

3. Are they really necessary?

I'm sure the knowledgeable will come up with an answer!

Geoff

That's interesting. My drivers side runners had the roller, but not the passenger. When I couldn't see them in the parts catalogues I assumed some previous owner added them.

Both my seats seem to move nicely without them fitted.

Paul

When I restored my runners both rollers in each runner had worked their way to one end. This meant the slide was stiff and rocked a little (a lot if you sat in the seat) They probably are not on any list as they are part of a fixed sub assembly.

I released mine by removing the indented runners (hit them with a hammer and punch) serviced and plated all the parts then reassembled with new standard O rings. (do not remember what size) They were tricky to locate in the correct place in the runners (spaced correctly) but once in, the indents in the rails were added with hammer and punch.

Neil