oil pressure vol. 5 - epilogue?

Well, folks: I trust this will be the last in the series of updates following the breakage of the oil pump driveshaft dog and its ingestion by the pump rotors as I travelled with gusto along the A1 a few weeks ago.

The remedying has been long and laborious mainly because of my enforced stay in London during the week. However, this afternoon I finally got the car out for its test run after having installed a mixture of pump components old and new; I drove it for about 35 miles in urban traffic and at speed on the open road and was most relieved to discover that the oil pressure sits at 70 lbs/sq.in. at sustained high revs, dropping back, as it always did in typical ambient UK temperatures, to around 18/20 at idle.

So I've bought another gallon of 20/50 and a new spin-on at Halfords and dropped the new oil out. Next I'll examine the new filter (to which I'd attached a couple of good magnets) before discarding and loading up with the freshly bought items.

Many thanks for the good, detailed advice and general encouragement from all of you who answered my Qs. You have been an immense help. Now, fingers crossed!

It's too late to use the 3 for the run to Classic Le Mans, but I can pack even more gear into the TVR...

Cheers,

Tim.

Well, folks: I trust this will be the last in the series of updates following the breakage of the oil pump driveshaft dog and its ingestion by the pump rotors as I travelled with gusto along the A1 a few weeks ago.

The remedying has been long and laborious mainly because of my enforced stay in London during the week. However, this afternoon I finally got the car out for its test run after having installed a mixture of pump components old and new; I drove it for about 35 miles in urban traffic and at speed on the open road and was most relieved to discover that the oil pressure sits at 70 lbs/sq.in. at sustained high revs, dropping back, as it always did in typical ambient UK temperatures, to around 18/20 at idle.

So I've bought another gallon of 20/50 and a new spin-on at Halfords and dropped the new oil out. Next I'll examine the new filter (to which I'd attached a couple of good magnets) before discarding and loading up with the freshly bought items.

Many thanks for the good, detailed advice and general encouragement from all of you who answered my Qs. You have been an immense help. Now, fingers crossed!

It's too late to use the 3 for the run to Classic Le Mans, but I can pack even more gear into the TVR...

Cheers,

Tim.

TR for TRusty! These really are near bullet proof.