BMW engine swap

You are working backwards, I suggest you do a lot more homework

Already have fully rebuilt standard brakes with green stuff pads and stainless hoses and they do stop the car very competently. My main concern was pad area and where it clamps on the disk.... i.e. Is there enough - two sides to this;

1. The relatively light weight of the car as it stands (compared to modern machinery) should mean that I don't need to do too much

2. There is a considerable increase over the (ambitious!!) 150BHP quoted for my TR6

There are a number of posts on previous threads suggesting that in racers, and road cars for that matter, the standard ones with the brake mods I have done are up to the job (and in some cases have proved better) - just asking if anyone had strong opinions on this. What do you suggest Neil - given the number of threads you post on I suspect you have a lot to offer in terms of advice.

Cheers

Edited by Ade_TR6

I would be far more worried about the chassis itself, a rather bristle item, very thin material. ;) have seen several times a suspension bracket peeling open a chassis member.

Spot on Jean, It is the weakest link and will always be unless some very serious mods are carried out

Hi, enyone ever seen a TR5-6 with a Daimler Dart engine, I think it is possible, fantastic sound and there are a link with Triumph too.

Regards,

Rien

Not a TR but here is a guy putting a 2.5 Daimler V8 into a Spitfire.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?3,23352

Ade

• 1 year later...

Family, cash and sense prevailed - and in that order... So short answer is no, and I am not going to spoil my current car with this mod. But... I still have the engine swap itch to scratch (I put an XJS 4.0 into an engineless Aston DBS in the late 90's - fitted like a glove and the car went like a scalded cat!!!) and I can't help feeling a BMW lump in a 6 with very knackered mechanicals and needing a lot of work would be a fun project. Perhaps if I sell the kids that will solve the cash flow problem and let me indulge again...

Back to the saved E bay search and my shattered dreams...