Rear Shock Conversion Problem

Guest Biffo

Hello,

mine is the type 2a in the Moss_europe  site.     Part Number: TT3225TUV.  Its fairly substantial kit.  

Regards

Dave

===

I assume from the Moss website pictures that these are the Bastuck brackets, as they look identical to those shown on the Bastuck website and the fact that they are TÜV approved would make it a surprising coincidence if they were not one and the same. So the recommended Shock Absorbers bottom before you hit the Bump Stops - great...

Those Koni Shocks you mention are already pretty short, so I'd be surprised if there was a shorter still version that you could fit instead. It would seem the best solution would be extended Bump Stops to protect the Shock Absorbers.

Andrew

I'd say they are the same brackets as Bastuck.  I have had a conversation with Koni and they say they have never had any returns regarding this from the retailers. I suspect most people just fit and forget, and assume the bumps are caused by the bump stops, not the shocks. So I now have to consider lengthening the brackets, also lengthening the bump stop, or converting to lever arms.   I sort of favour the latter.

Cheers

Dave

16 hours ago, dpb said:

, or converting to lever arms.   I sort of favour the latter.

Cheers

Dave

Which is why I favour retaining them in slightly uprated form every time.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart.

I guess ones similar to those sold by Moss, "fast road"   would be the sort of thing you mean.

Dave

1 hour ago, dpb said:

Thanks Stuart.

I guess ones similar to those sold by Moss, "fast road"   would be the sort of thing you mean.

Dave

I had mine refurbed by Stevsons and had them uprated by 30%. It made a good improvement with slightly stiffer rear springs.

Hi Drd

I like the look of Stevsons. I was born in a house three roads from them in Selly Oak,   60+ years ago. I might give them a try. I've bought some slightly stiffer springs, ready to fit. 

Dave

====

2 hours ago, dpb said:

Hi Drd

I like the look of Stevsons. I was born in a house three roads from them in Selly Oak,   60+ years ago. I might give them a try. I've bought some slightly stiffer springs, ready to fit. 

Dave

====

Dave  - you could also try these guys who are new on the block, and seem to know what thy are talking about - will be sending a batch to them shortly and they will uprate them if you want:

https://www.vandcengineering.co.uk/

No connection other than a soon to be customer having discussed at length their parts provision , method and pricing which I found re-assuring

Cheers Rich

11 minutes ago, rcreweread said:

Dave  - you could also try these guys who are new on the block, and seem to know what thy are talking about - will be sending a batch to them shortly and they will uprate them if you want:

No connection other than a soon to be customer having discussed at length their parts provision , method and pricing which I found re-assuring

Cheers Rich

Just a customer?

4 hours ago, ntc said:
4 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Cheers Rich

Expand  Expand  

Just a customer?

Neil  - what don't you understand? I clearly state that I am a "soon to be customer", and indeed I am. As I have three TR4As to fully restore, I need plenty of parts and if in the course of securing those parts, I do a few extra to get a better deal and to make the spare ones available to other TRers, is that a problem for you? I would have thought and hoped that that is exactly what the forum and Club is about.

I think most forumites would welcome what I do but presumably you don't. I like to be helpful and conciliatory in everything I do, and if that upsets you, then I'm sorry but I suspect you are in a small minority.

Cheers Rich

7 minutes ago, rcreweread said:

Neil  - what don't you understand? I clearly state that I am a "soon to be customer", and indeed I am. As I have three TR4As to fully restore, I need plenty of parts and if in the course of securing those parts, I do a few extra to get a better deal and to make the spare ones available to other TRers, is that a problem for you? I would have thought and hoped that that is exactly what the forum and Club is about.

I think most forumites would welcome what I do but presumably you don't. I like to be helpful and conciliatory in everything I do, and if that upsets you, then I'm sorry but I suspect you are in a small minority.

Cheers Rich

I understand and have seen your constant selling posts and some others have posted there dissatisfaction and if you are doing 3 restorations on the go I will let the others make their own conclusions .

16 minutes ago, ntc said:

I understand and have seen your constant selling posts and some others have posted there dissatisfaction and if you are doing 3 restorations on the go I will let the others make their own conclusions .

Neil - if you knew me better, you wouldn't make comments like that. I have a TR4 and three TR4As, all of which I acquired in 1980/81 - the TR4 was my daily driver form 1980 to 1983 when I took it off the road - the 4A's were all restoration jobs then and still are, but progress is being made, one at a time now that I am retired, following the full rebuild of my TR4 in 2012 so I don't know what you are getting at when you say " I will let others make their own conclusions" - what conclusions are you implying that people should make - that these are fictitious vehicles? Because there are plenty of people who can vouch that they do all exist!

I don't have "constant" selling posts - I admit I do respond when posters have an issue and offer them parts, if that's what they need, but I haven't offered Dave any lever arms - far from it, I was making him aware there is another company, apart from Stevson's, who incidentally I have loyally supported and recommended to countless previous forumites and members over many years, who on the face of it could be a good alternative to Stevson's - I didn't make a recommendation for V & C Engineering because I haven't yet had any lever arms done by them - I simply suggested they may be worth a try. Perhaps you have an alternative recommendation which you would like to share for all our benefit.

I don't know you personally, but I know of you and I know that you are very knowledgeable about TRs so it's a shame you have to hide that knowledge more often than not.

Cheers Rich