FRONT FULCRUM PROBLEM

Having purchased so many items in my TR4 total rebuild that do not fit correctly this may be another of these.

fitted the front suspension to both sides as this w/e's tick on the project list to find the following

on the n/s side when the suspension is on the bottom stop (full droop) the rear ear that goes against the lock stop, fouls the rear lower wishbone arm at the fulcrum pivot point. this locks the steering. the o/s is OK with minimal clearance in the same full droop!

as you jack up the suspension this clears which would possibly indicate its ok when the cars weight is on the suspension but i am not happy to leave it at this with out knowing whats wrong

both the top and bottom the arms are on the correct way ,both sides upright and trunnion are brand new, 3' castor type leaning correct way, all new bushings throughout

Also on both neither of the lock stops is big enough to actually be able to set the stop either on turn in or out ,i am assuming i have the correct lock stops

lock stop is 3/4" with offset bolt hole if anyone has correct item they can check for me

would welcome any idea's, pointers please

regards Adrian

• 4 weeks later...

We could do with some photos on this one.

Sounds like you have the right bits. But there are ways to assemble things upside-down/backwards around here.

Suspect that at some time there has been a bang and something is bent slightly.

Al.