Early bonnet stay rod bracket

Hi, I'm missing the bracket that sits on the edge of the front panel that the stay rod rests on when the bonnets up. It's the early double catch mechanism one so it's proving impossible to find. Does anyone know if our American colleagues can supply one? They seem to remanufacture so much over there I thought it was worth asking before I try and make one. Regards Pete

I have one that I can photo for you, very simple to make, I paid silly money for it, its just a bit of 18swg with four folds and 3 slotted holes, can even make a paper pattern if you like.

John

canvasco@aol.com

Hi Pete

I've just made one of these, or rather my friend did. I can ask him to make another, he is in the restoration trade so he will charge something, but it may be the cheapest option.

there is a good picture on this site http://www.vtr.org/TR2/thoseTrailblazingTwos.shtml

this is the actual photo http://www.vtr.org/TR2/NewPhotos/048proprodrecend.jpg

Regards John

Hi Johns squared, Many thanks for your kind offers. Would I be stretching my luck to ask John for a price to have one made? and John if you could send me that paper patern? Ive made so many little bits for this car this one looks simple but good photo's are hard to come by even the ones on the VTR site wouldnt be enough so a paper patern would be ideal. I will make contact via your email address.

Regards,

Pete

Pete

I will put a picture on here for all to see Regards John

P1010703.jpg

Any one wanting a virtual paper pattern and the photos send me your email

John Worthing canvasco@aol.com

Edited by TR24178