I've signed up out of intrigue.

Approx 25 years ago my Dad bought PYY 46F from TR Bitz in Lymm (?).

It was a car they had in stock which had been partially restored.

I have amazing memories of learning about cars, engines, gearboxes and driving with this car. My Dad worked abroad alot and I would roll the 'TR' out of the garage and clean it weekly even though it would not be used for a few weeks before my dad returned home.

I rember some of the quirky features like the mallot in the boot for removing the wheel, the press studs for the roof were really difficult to press in to place, the boot handle lock had a key snapped in the lock and it stayed like that for as long as we had it.

My Dad eventually sold it to a chap from Appleton, Warrington.

The 'TR' made me the petrolhead I am today so I would be really interested to see what state the 'TR' is in today!

Thanks

Your Dad's car is still on the road according to the DVLA

Vehicle enquiry

The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for PYY 46F are: Date of Liability 01 05 2013 Date of First Registration 08 03 1968 Year of Manufacture 1968 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2498cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Licence Not Due Vehicle Colour RED Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

You might want to contact Roger Ferris, the club's TR5 Registrar, to see if it is in the Register. His email is tr5-250registrar@tr-register.co.uk

Regards

Peter

Sherlock, sorry, I mean Guy.

How on earth did you find that?

Regards

Peter

Peter,

Not the first time i have been called Sherlock :) , remember Norfolk John s Jersey registered 4.

A start anyway or is Chris R the original poster CTS dad??

Cheer

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
  • 1 month later...

This may be of interest.

Its been whilte

Look at Chris Rutherford s Profile

http://www.notts-tss...11 - Jun 06.htm

Cheers

Guy

Hmmmn interesting - I wonder if that was due to a re-paint or a re-birth?

Looking at the DVLA figures, the TR5s along with other valuable exotica such as Mk1 Lotus Cortinas etc. rather than being in numerical decline, actually seem to have been in production over the last couple of years :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...