SPA 14-17th JUNE

great! I like other TR's to play with. I mean if they are about the same speed. Cars like Jellions are way too fast and you don't see it on the track. 4a will be interesting. Never had a 4a in a race.

• 2 weeks later...

ha! New camshaft arrived yesterday. Did throw it to the engine this night, this morning test ride....seems to go well....Spa can come :D

Christian

Malcolm Campbell is indeed lapping with the Gods. The 1920s and 30s racing driver and father of Donald Campbell died many years ago.

On the other hand everything that you say about Mark Campbells' TR5 is correct. He has been showing us the way home for a long time.

Dave McD

Yikes! 8250 RPM that will definitely be an all steel engine then.

Stuart.

ddddddd

My engine has a billet steel crankshaft with dummy mains indeed, also Carrillo rods and forged JE pistons(89mm).The engine is partly dismantled : no damage so far. My tacho is logging the maximum rpm ; it was really 8250 rpm. I will only sure the engine has no damage after a rolling road test, I'm afraid I will not have the clutch parts in time to do a rolling road test before the next race week-end at Assen : all new

dogboxes have an input shaft with 1" x 10 splines : so far I can only get a standard clutch cover and a standard plate of a Triumph saloon. Perhaps I will have the centre part of a standard 1" x 10 plate riveted in a cerametallic plate. As you can see in the video, without this happening, I would have mixed up with Chris Marx and Mario Neuman, it would have been a suspense to the finish.

But in fact I've been very lucky too : my feet were in the 'firing' direction of the exploding clutch cover : cast iron pieces of the friction ring have destroyed the clutch housing : the gearbox housing was completely separated from the engine, went through the gearbox cover, the firewall and the bonnet. Such a metallpiece in the direction of my feet, woul have ment the end of racing, if at all I kept my feet.

Also the fuel line was cut, in the video, you can see (just) the onset of a fire, just before the marshal was there with an exstinguisher.

I'v seen a nice race battle between Chris and Mario : Chris has much less power than Mario and the V8 Sunbeam Tiger, yet he beated them at the finish to 3rd overall : that is really meaning something when you look at the starting list!

PS : if someone of you knows of a 8.5" or 7.25" cerametallic or sintered clutch plate, I would be grateful.