Todays Sunday Times.

Haven't read it, but please tell me that they haven't used the unoriginal "last of the hairy chested sportscars" description.

Regards

Peter (about to leave for Prescott :) )

.......please tell me that they haven't used the unoriginal "last of the hairy chested sportscars" description.

What's wrong with that Peter, unless you haven't got any chest hair? - it's a very late 60s/early 70s statement. :D

Cheers

Andrew

Nice to see an accurate and properly researched review of the TR6 in todays TIimes motoring section. This should further help the popularity of the car and the membership. of the register. The values are a lot more accurate to todays situation than currently in various publications. A bit rude about the small power later model though.

David.

No mention of hairy chests..... It's " The very best of British beefcakes".

Dates back to the first public announcement and road tests of the TR6, and it stuck.

Can't get more original than that.

Cheers,

Alec

I meant that I hoped that the journalist wouldn't be lazy and just regurgatate the same old quotes - that he/she would be capable of more original and unique thought.

Regards

Peter

Oh No Ive bought a bad one............. as its a post 73 :wacko::unsure::wacko::unsure: oh no what is a man to do.......... :ph34r:

Apparently, according to the article...... " you buy a TR because you drink real ale, smoke a pipe and want to add hairs to your chest perhaps compensating for the one's falling out up top" ........ mmmmm! .....Btw I def don't smoke a pipe!!

(null)

Since when have side swipes by journalists been worth worrying about ?

They're journalists, not to be taken too seriously, except by themselves.

As the late lamented Dave Lightning Brown once put it so eloquently (he didn't go much on journalists) - "Those who can, w*nk. Those who can't become journalists, and word w*nk instead".

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Steve,

Theres nothing new same old things, but it does say never take your bumpers off ;)

One thing the price guide ; tired condition £4k -£6k ,good condition £12k -£20k ,concourse £30k ,

the best to buy is a RED pre 1973,

If your going to Tatton in June i'll bring it along,

Cheers Gordon

Just read the article and it's pretty good, if you’re a CP owner.............

Having owned two 73 CRs and now a 72 CP, there is a considerable difference in how the two cars deliver their power in original specification – the CP being rather savage in comparison, whilst the CR offers more torque, but I know which one I prefer.

Cheers

Andrew

Apparently, according to the article...... " you buy a TR because you drink real ale, smoke a pipe and want to add hairs to your chest perhaps compensating for the one's falling out up top" ........ mmmmm! .....Btw I def don't smoke a pipe!!

(null)

Hmmm. I went to a show in Beaconsfield a couple of weeks ago. Mine was the only TR there. But the only other car that really caught my eye (and Mrs W's too) was a very gently restored MG Magnette Varitone.

As I have recently started to wear a trilby hat in London in the rain, Mrs W. suggested that the Magnette would go well with my business attire, but that I would have to start smoking a pipe as well.

She had thoughts of my going about the place with the theme music from "Dick Barton Special Agent" playing over the radio. Either that or bulletins from the Suez crisis being read by John Snagge on the Home Service.

And then I realised that I have become my late father!

Just read the article and it's pretty good, if you’re a CP owner.............

Having owned two 73 CRs and now a 72 CP, there is a considerable difference in how the two cars deliver their power in original specification – the CP being rather savage in comparison, whilst the CR offers more torque, but I know which one I prefer.

Cheers

Andrew

The are like chalk and cheese but both do the job at the end of the day