Yet another Triumph back on the road after at least 20 years languishing in numerous lockups etc, passed MOT yesterday,got tax disc today, waiting patiently for warm day to fit hood and tonneau, thanks to all on the forum who have answered my dumb questions, thanks to Ebay for finding the project in the beginning, Triumph Auctionwatch for helping in the search for parts and Moss for their wonderful catalogue and for sourcing all those elusive spares. Thanks Norman

post-6792-0-55424900-1336140951_thumb.jpg

post-6792-0-55424900-1336140951_thumb.jpg

Wow, she's a beauty! Congratulations. I know it feels great to get an old car back on the road. Enjoy and post more pics.

Eric

First, @ Norman: congrats with the result! As always, we like pics. A lot, so keep 'm coming.

As for the colour: I'm with Raymond, off course :), biased as I am when where talking about a powder blue TR. But, I really like the green TR3. Is it apple green? The hood and s/screens look fantastic on this car.

Menno

Thanks to one and all for your kind comments,still no sign of warmth up here so not able to fit hood/tonneau ,envious of yous Ash bet thats bespoke and not off the shelf, as to the colour I did ask the Forum if I could paint it red and had about 40 replies.........anyway it matches my MG....I'll get me coat!!!post-6792-0-08618200-1336399523_thumb.jpg

post-6792-0-08618200-1336399523_thumb.jpg

Norm

My tonneau came with the car, which had been painted green in the eighties, but you could see red all over the place and when I checked it was red new, so I've reverted.

I'm thrilled to bits with it and unlike the old bigots on here I like the MGB and am currently restoring a Healey, which they've also been most unkind about.

I'm glad I've met you Norm, it has helped me cope!

Ash

Ash

You might be taking things too seriously, I liked my MGB before the rust killed it, I Also think the Squeely is a much nicer looking car than the TR, but not as much fun to drive, a bit truck like for me. I would be happy with either and like most forum members I like most things mechanical and old.

The last place I lived in NZ my neighbour had an MGB and I had a TR6, we used to trade insults like crazy but still get along well enough to do road trips together and drink at the bar on Saturdays.

Its Just one of those things MG owners are obliged to ridicule triumph owners and Triumph owners have to be derogatory about MG's, its natures way :rolleyes::D:D

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog

Well said Ashley and Kiwifrog, sidescreen TRs are lovely but so are a lot of other great marques!