Underdash paint job

I'm now about to tidy up under the dash( up side down) my TR6 is code 19 White.

Now the glove box is out and the heating hoses removed, i want to make good the metal.

What paint and colour should i use?

One day it will be finished!!!!!

Steve

I think the answer lies in your question. (code 19, white). Seriously though, behind the dash and at the sides in the footwells is all in the body colour. Only the steel dash panel which mimics the wood fascia is black, I believe.

Hi David, this is what i thought.

Smooth Hammerite is a close match to Code19?

It would also sort the small rust areas out, what do you think?

Well I guess you won't see it once all the bits are put back. Plus it does stick to rust like the proverbial s%!/ to a blanket. Purists might demur, but who's gonna see it.

Steve,

I am restoring a white 72 6 which is white (code 19), I have used hammerite smooth white also in areas not generally seen. I have removed surface rust with grade 80 sand paper and used jenolite rust remover/converter prior to applying the paint, I have used this over a long period of time and found it to be long lasting. Anyway, best of luck. Regards, John.