Hi. Thanks for your comments Mike & Andrew. Am having problems uploading anymore pictures at the moment but will try and get some onto the forum showing the car in more detail in the future.

It is a coincidence about the SKY registration plate Simon. I actually saw the other SKY that you refer to, on ebay last year. I rang the Guy selling it as I had some stupid idea about having a pair of SKY's at the time! The guy only wanted about £4500 and said it needed a bit of work. It was on another classic car sale site a couple of weeks ago for over £10k and now on ebay for just over £8k, Guess its either had the work done now or the seller thinks that he may get lucky and make a quick buck! (he did say on his recent advert that the reg plate was valued at £1000!, which I find hard to believe).

Regards

Giles.

ps. Have just checked out the ebay advert again and noticed that his windscreen wipers seem to be on the american way round :wacko: Has also got the US wheeltrims!

Mine is definitely a UK 150bhp CP model & I'm sure the Guy I spoke to last year about SKY 588J said that it was also a UK car.

SKY prefix was issued in Bradford in 1971.

My car has a story behind its registration plate. When I bought the car it was actually registered as MUM 986L. I couldn't understand why this was as it was a 1971 model and therefore should have been on either a J or K plate. The past ownership records ordered from DVLA showed the original reg plate crossed out and MUM written at the side of it. After some detective work, the "West Yorkshire Archive service" sent me a copy page from their original book where new cars were listed alongside their new registration plates thus showing that my car was actually first registered SKY 235J. DVLA said they would not let me have the original plate but offered me an age related plate instead. After sending them proof of the original records, they re considered and allowed me to have its original plate back as it had never been reissued. The best part was that they let me keep the MUM plate as a cherished reg plate which I promptly transferred onto my Mum's Ford Fiesta! I didn't think that I would ever find out the reason behind the registration change and why it had been wearing its MUM plate since october 1973 until I spoke to a previous owner from 1975. He revealed that the Guy he bought it from had the MUM plate put onto the car as a present for his wife who owned the car and was soon going to have their first baby! Amazing what you can find out!

I was just relieved to know that it wasn't a cut and shut job or some other more sinister reason behind the reg change!

Giles

hi giles,

did we meet at calverton classic meeting in the summer.?

you had just got the car abck and was looking great.

cheers,

conrad.