TS 480 Early Long door Tr 2

Guest rodb

Gents, some advice please I have an early TR 2 L/door. I have had this car for a number of years but no time to start it's rebuild. It has some strange fittings which appear genuine i.e triple wipers, tubular exhaust manifold.

I also have what appears to be a new chassis bought after laying in a barn for 30 years, it need blasting and painting The gentleman bought to rebuild his TR 2 after bending it out of shape thirty years ago.My thought was to transfer this bits as I restored them onto the other chassis.I am thinking of selling to fund the purchase of a restored car that I can use and need to know any value placed on the above. I feel that someone with more time should have the car to get it back on the road.

Interesting!  The mainfold is not a big issue but the triple wipers?  Perhaps a car that was fitted out for ralleying. Roll bar or anything else of note? I am afraid I would be of no help in terms of the value. Prices seem to be somewhat higher on your side of the pond. Wish it was a little closer to home though, I would love to see it.  

Brian  :)

jonlar  you've missed nothing! :) My appologies if I have offended anyone by assuming rodb is on European side of the pond.

Brian

No offence was taken Brian, I now assume you're t'other side t'pond (apologies to Yorks readers!) in the good old US of A or Canada, apart from an extremity on the west side of Scotland, I'm probably one of the closest European members to you....on top of the cliffs of SW Cornwall, UK!!

jonlar... hope you don't walk in your sleep!

"Canader" it is. Devon, Alberta  A mere 6 or 700 miles from the other pond.( As the crow fly's).

rodb... sorry about messing up your thread with this trivial map plotting.  But, I see you are in Yarmouth. Travelling by TR, how far/ how long to get to Plymouth. My sister lived there for a couple of years. Have a great weekend! :D

Brian

Hi rodb,

I am just about to start restoring a late TR2 long door. If therefore you have any duplicate parts which the potential buyer of your TR2 would not require then please let me know. As I'm sure you know with a restoration project ,the value of the car will depend largely on the condition of the body, so it's not really possible to value without seeing it or photos. Equally the chassis usually rot from the inside outwards so again your buyer would probably need to see it. There was a TR3a at the international this year which was totally complete and rolling with all metal panels in need of restoration and it sold for £2750. There have been a few TR2 restoration projects in TR action in the last few issues and I think the cheapest was a 1955 short door  which was dismantled which was £500. It all depends on exactly how much restoration is required. Don't know if this is of any help.

Trevor ( Cambs)