Alternative seats for a TR7

I think I have a pair from a 200 coupe somewhere (you know the Tomcat with removable glass roof panels).

I lent them to my brother and haven't seen them in a while. If you're interested let me know & I'll track 'em down and measure them up.

Don't know if they fit the 7 but MX5 seats are exceptionally comfortable, and I'm your height.

Jerry

On another forum there has been a lot of discussion about fitting alternative seats to 7's and a number of individuals have tried. I recall seeing MX5 seats which look good in but every case they were higher than the originals which are very low profile. One idea was that to lower the runners but cutting slots in the floor and fitting them in a channel which gains an inch or so.

Regarding the comfort, make sure that the internal padding is in good condition - I replaced mine and it makes them much more comfortable for long runs (eg Round Britain Rally, 10 Countries Rally) - and this seems to be the generally preferred route for a decent comfortable seat in a TR7/8.

Cheers

Howard