Hi i have to replace the steering wheel the car came with as its knackered,! what diameter is every bodys favorite size 14" or 15". or if boy racer :ph34r: 13"? its going to be a motolita one anyway, :rolleyes: any sugestions welcome, :) regards nuts and bolts. B)

Hi 'Nuts and Bolts' (proper name?)

It seems the majority of cars I have seen seem to have 14" steering wheels - 13" is just a tad too small and makes for heavy steering, especially at parking speeds (though potentially is not much of an issue once moving).

I believe the original wheels were 15" or jjust under...

Brgds

Got this 14" MotoLita fitted. Maybe wrong type but thought it had similarities to the original with the slots instead of the usual holes.

post-7748-0-27207500-1331553337_thumb.jpg

PIAA

post-7748-0-27207500-1331553337_thumb.jpg

14 ins Motolita is a good compromise. The additional benefit with the leather(look) cover ones is that are considerably thicker than the 15 ins originals so rather easier to hold and turn with, well worth it.

Robin

I adapted to fit the original TR6 boss a round hole flat early 15" moto-lita,leather and a bit chunkier,for mine!!

I wanted to retain the original center horn push and ring,as I didnt want the naff one that came with it!

IMAG0829.jpg

I adapted to fit the original TR6 boss a round hole flat early 15" moto-lita,leather and a bit chunkier,for mine!!

I wanted to retain the original center horn push and ring,as I didnt want the naff one that came with it!

IMAG0829.jpg

Nice Furry Dice Dave B)

That has to be on a par with mudflaps :lol:

Cheers

GUY

thanks for all the feed back chaps! as for a 13" size i only put that one in as a joke! :lol: prob go for a 14" one, :rolleyes: all tho i did have a mini many moons ago (wide wheels, corbeau bucket seat, big stereo a mighty 20 watts! and a 100 plus 13" wheel! a real bird puller, :wub: it was good enough for the type of crumpet i used to hang around with :lol: . sadly that was 38 years back , ho hum.

Dave

Mudflaps are one thing, we all know how desirable they are. :ph34r::ph34r:

But Furry Dice come on this does nothing for a TR's reputation, you cannot be taken seriously with a pair of them hanging down. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Pride of Ownership" etc please remove & put then in the Rover far more fitting? :rolleyes: It is bad as showing people a Leopard Skin Thong to impress :o

Cheers

Mike B)

I remember back in my Brighton days, furry dice going out of fashion with most folks a bit sharpish when the Bulgarian Tendency adopted them as some sort of tribal marker - black ones or pink ones, furry or shiny, evidently indicated something of the owner's proclivities.

Quite why anyone should want anything, furry dice or whatever else, dangling from the mirror beats me - how to inhibit your view of the road to absolutely no purpose, even less sensible than yapping on a mobile whilst driving.

Cheers,

Alec

Dave

Mudflaps are one thing, we all know how desirable they are.

But Furry Dice come on this does nothing for a TR's reputation,

you cannot be taken seriously with a pair of them hanging down. :lol:

"Pride of Ownership" etc please remove & put then in the Rover far more fitting?

It is bad as showing people a Leopard Skin Thong to impress :o

Cheers

Mike

Have been thinking of fitting mudflaps to the 6 but cant find a set I like! :huh:

I dont take myself seriously,so dont expect others to! :blink:

Could put a pair of dangly balls on each tail pipe instead I suppose? ;)

How big can you buy them?? :D

Cant have 2 sets in the Rover,thats just blatant showing off!! :lol:

And I never get my thong out in public!! Its too scary!!! :P

Edited by PILKIE

I had a 13" wheel :unsure: Mind you, I was young and, ummmm...... ;-)

I actually found it OK. Steering wasn't that hard and, more importantly, I found I had more space for my legs. I know that sounds odd but the TR wheel was just the size to slightly press on my thighs. It wasn't a huge issue but did cause a slight feeling of constriction. 13" sorted that out. If I was to get another wheel (in my now hypothetical car - still miss it!), it would be 14-15" now but dished to allow space for the legs.

In the mid 70's I changed to a 14 inch MOMO as it had a thicker grip and black spokes with holes in reminicent of the Original Triumph Wheel it came with...but it has a much shorter boss (2 inch) which takes the wheel further away and allows a bit more 'wrestling' room when things get busy B) This meant cutting down the horn-push thingy to fit.

My CP cars Original Wheel was the black spoke one with the curious Rubber 'Cush-drive' afair around the badge...The rim was far too thin and hard and uncomfortable, and there were no leather pads where the spokes met the rim which really hurt the thumbs :wacko: especially if I touched the kerbstone parking...Ouch! :angry:

This is the MOMO wheel I mentioned in my post above...

Only just learned how to attach an image...so it's more of a post for me really :)

But who can guess the Helmet design and the signature on the spoke?

Edited by Denis