cp chassis number

my recently aquired car has chassis number CP54310 but the registration certificate has returned with number CP54310.DL

anyone know what the DL is all about ?

Blame the company that stamped the plates for the factory, lots of DL's in the TR Register records but when I've checked the build records for a few of them at the BMIHT they are just normal commission numbers.

cheers

Derek

andyp

I dont know if this helps, but when I got my 72 6, and subsiquently obtained My V5C document from the DVLA, they did not match. The bottom line is that if you have overdrive where the number ends in 'O'. The V5C number will NOT match the number on the chassis plate. (The DVLA cannot have 'O' es in the chassis number) In conclusion if the numbers do match, you have a vehicle which has had its chassis plate tapered with or there is a small change made on the V5C, maybe a '0' Zero or a 'D' as mine is, replacing the 'O'.

Regards,