1 owner TR6 for sale

Yes late 1971 for the "house" badges and all TR5 and TR6 had the black sills and stainless steel strips. These strips were narrower on the Cp series cars and wider on the later cars, not a step in the right direction in my eyes but maybe I am being pedantic.

I actually don't like Cobra/Wolfrace slot alloys either and this car would be infinitely better on its original steels.

Just my tuppence and all that stuff

Alan

Pete - The TR blurred image on the sales brochure is MVC 999H

This is MVC 999H which is close Pete, it's the one in BP's book 'Triumph TR' pages 134-5 and CWK 600L is on page138-9

folder156.jpg

And this one is MVC 999G, so work that one out???? :wacko::wacko::wacko::D

folder153.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Andrew,

Both MVC 999G and MVC999H were false plates. In actual fact the Damson TR6 in the photos was ultimately registered by Triumph as PHP 74G when they did get around to registering it for the road. CWK 600L was also a false plate..

cheers

Derek

Both MVC 999G and MVC999H were false plates.

I thought that last night with reg changing by one letter ,the sales brochure would have changed to coincide with that year's production, so that the leaflets were kept up to date

As for the cobra wheels; they were the 'in' thing the 'bling' of the 70s

Cheers Gordon

Hello to you all, the TR6 you are talking about is in our workshop at Clayton Classics in Coventry, it is as original as described and does come with overdrive (some said not in an earlier message).

The car is a real delight to drive although when we first purchased the car we had to have the fuel injection system overhauled as it was a real bugger to start, now this has been resolved it is excellent. Its my introduction to the TR6 after MG's and E Type's and these is a real treat to drive, very lively and handles really well as you would expect from a nearly new car (even though its 40 years old).

We had the car on the Classic and Sports Car stand at the NEC last year where it attracted a fair amount of interest.

Anyone interested in coming to see the car is more than welcome.

We have another TR6 in yellow, 34,000 miles with 2 previous owners, this is just being put back together after having a light re-spray but should look stunning once finished.

We also have a recently restored TR4a which has had a complete nut & bolt rebuild in immaculate condition.

We have also just adapted some Mazda MX5 seats to fit into TR6's which are more comfortable that the originals but may not be for the purist.

Check out our website for more information if you want.

Edited by claytonclassics