1 owner TR6 for sale

That is lovely.

For what it is, I don't think that it is so expensive. In fact it seems good value when you look at the prices of TR5s.

The registration seems familiar to me - was it featured in one of the Triumph brochures? The one with a TR6 and a blurred background

Regards

Peter

A nice looking Red 6 ......Yes definitely optional those Wolfrace Slot Mags - I recall a pal of mine bought some for his TR6 back in the 70s..

I believe reading somewhere that Wolfrace were planning to release a special retro edition into current ranges to coincide with an anniversary?

...in case anyone was considering a set...

No, Wolfies were not a factory option, and when the car was registered 01/05/1972 Wolfrace Slot Mags had only been on the market for a year - an expensive luxury at the time.

Cheers,

Alec

And bloody hard to keep clean

That is a real find and probably worth all the money because there isn't another one like it. While I like many of you lightly (or not so lightly) modify our cars, this one is definitely one to keep 'out of the box'.

Even the wolfrace's look the part - I think!

Interestingly, the garage website describes the wheels as Cobra Supaslots which I seem to recall were a budget alternative to Wolfies.

I've dug out an old photo from the early 1980's which show genuine Wolfies on a fellow Stoke group member (at Oulton Park, next to my beloved UYE760M). Looking at them they do appear to be more dished than those on the car for sale.

img028.jpg

As an aside, I was astonished to see the blue 6 at Harrogate last July still sporting it's Wolfies.

Regards

Peter

Interestingly, the garage website describes the wheels as Cobra Supaslots which I seem to recall were a budget alternative to Wolfies.

I've dug out an old photo from the early 1980's which show genuine Wolfies on a fellow Stoke group member (at Oulton Park, next to my beloved UYE760M). Looking at them they do appear to be more dished than those on the car for sale.

img028.jpg

As an aside, I was astonished to see the blue 6 at Harrogate last July still sporting it's Wolfies.

Regards

Peter

Peter

You and them are both correct

Put it like this "try finding another?".

Even in my tad expensive world that is NOT too expensive...need to sit down now! :o

Looking more carefully at the listing, yes I'm sure those are Cobra rather than my suggestion of Wolfrace wheels.

The registration date is too early for the BL badges I think, but there was nothing unusual about adding later bits of trim to update the car, and those mirrors were typical state of the art mirrors in the later 70s. A few personalisations hardly detract, it's all too easy to get hung up on 'originality'.

Cheers,

Alec

This car was built just before mine and registered as a late K 1972, I did not think BL badges were added until 1973 with the CR series cars, I don't think mine has ever had them. Anyway a nice looking car which has had a few bits added over the years, shame it does not look like it has Overdrive and I am not a fan of the bullet mirrors, can't see very much with em :wacko:

Cheers

Fitment of the BL badges in the early 70s was inconsistent on all Triumphs, and other BL marques, new cars would come into my local dealer in 1972-3 and just what bits of trim and badging might be fitted seemed like pot luck. I've seen cars with a BL badge on one side and not the other, for example. PDI could take days or even weeks, simply waiting for missing parts to turn up - especially if the car had been ordered with optional extras that had been overlooked on the line. Such was the state of BL 40 years ago . . . .

Cheers,

Alec

These are cobras on my TR4, they are different to the wolf race. I used to have cobras on my ford capri in 1976. They weren't too bad to keep clean as long as you kept on top of them I used to use solvo autosol

I think the price of the TR is realistic as I think the price of other TRs is a bit low when you consider the price of other classics. If I had the money and space I would buy it!

Pete - The TR blurred image on the sales brochure is MVC 999H

Cheers Gordon

DSCF0047-1.jpg

Pete - The TR blurred image on the sales brochure is MVC 999H

Yes, so I discovered, but now I'm wondering why this car's registration seems familiar. :unsure:

It's really bugging me!

Regards

Peter

Mike,

All TR6 had black sills and chrome sill strips when they left the factory. The BL badges came in from late 1971.

cheers

Derek

Hi Derek, so my 1969 TR6 should have black sills below the chrome sill strips? Please confirm - as this was my next job, as black is eaier to get hold of that the correct shade of Sapphire Blue, this would be helpful.

Should this black be matt - satin or gloss (I am guessing satin) agian please confirm - thanks