That's very enjoyable well found and thanks for posting

(null)

Glad to see it's being enjoyed here on the forum (I somehow thought it might be)!

According to their website, these talented gentlemen are based in Budapest. They have an interesting write-up about the project HERE, however for those of you not fluent in Hungarian (ahem, like me!) this might be a good time to make friends with "Google Translate"!

The project began in November 2010, and they finished during September 2011. Not bad! A bucket of rust to a show-winner inside ten months! Well, I guess it's true what they say about "many hands", eh?

Cheers,

Deggers.

Edited by Deggers

Mine was rather rustier! But it's nice to see the job done well because the cars deserve it.

Here's a view through the rotten inner wing and body mount to the steering box!

5282641493_8a848a2d5e_b.jpg

Look at the bright side it makes topping up the steering box oil easier though Ash :D:D;)

Alan

Edited by Kiwifrog

:lol: It frightened me to death at the time!

I took it to bits without really knowing whether I'd like it or not, it pinked like hell, the steering was completely shot, one rear shocker had gone and the anti roll bar bushes were knackered, so it was pretty unpleasant to drive and as I remember them from forty years ago. Also I was advised by various "experts" that "TRs don't handle old boy".

You can imagine my shock when I got to the paint shop expecting to see the doors fitting better and instead just a pile of metal cut up and thrown all over the floor!

Anyway I got it back a year later as a rolling chassis (just) and beautifully painted and plastered in cavity wax and matching underseal. It didn't take very long to rebuild and the first drive was a revelation. It's lovely! It handles nicely, the steering is quite good as is the ride and it goes extremely well, so I'm thrilled to bits with it and delighted every time I see another one saved as the one above has been. They are an absolutely cracking car, one of the greats IMO.

Ash

Edited by Ashley James