Potent engine build - Crank, piston, rod choices

I knew I should have kept it Marv!!! That head was Very Special :) Those trick HS8's and the special manifold help too.

Got my 4 MOT'd yesterday, but late in the day by the time silly things sorted for the roller setup and found that we had no thermostat in there and temp dropping like a stone (not restricted enough to retain heat through rad) over 5k, so took it home and will be back next week with right thermostat in it. It looks about what I was expecting on on run to just over 5k with dissy no where near optimised yet.

TR Tony - you are not far from me (Woking), you ever get to the Thames Valley TR meets? I have not been for about 5 years (last time in the 4 racer to the Barley Mow).

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my 4 with a no limits engine (but nothing in this engine off the shelf) - http://blip.tv/jrell...te-2006-3573639 (pity about the big fly!). But this is beyond what anyone would really ever build for a regular road car.

always fun to watch - Jon!

....., 92mm and coated with nikasil. Nikasil is very slippery and has excellent lubrication properties. .....

I'm always impressed what people do to their engine. Giving me a bad feel that I miss out something that would make my car better.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx

I've been to many different various rolling roads over the years. There results are completely meaningless for comparing one car against another if on a different set of rollers.

Went on one years ago (engine spec has not changed, bar lighter rods and total seal rings now), but figures differ so much it is hard to believe, 50-60bhp at the fly.

They are just for setting up a car or if comparing, this can only be done on the same set of roller ideally on the same day, anything else is just pointless.

Oh you can get 50-60bhp more than you engine "really" make by kicking in the clutch at the right time at the end of the run (effects the back calculated numbers added on from wheel to fly figure massively) - i.e. what power would you like sir :)

• 7 years later...