Hi all,

I am trying to track down Peerless 6267 SM.

The car belonged to my grandfather and he was a massive car nut - he was the DA Mullard who bought up the final batch of cars and finished them and sold them on.

My mother remembers being driven to school in this car and I am desperate to find this car and get it to her as a surprise. I never met my grandfather as he died before I was born and it would be a great way to honour his memory and all he did for me from beyond the grave (paid for my education).

I believe the car is in the UK as it is showing up on the MID.

Any help very gratefully received.

Thanks

Hello WTFWT ( I just love your Forum Name(

Nigel Cluley is the Peerless Registrar and you can send him a personal message via this forum by searching for his name on here.

You may do better by re posting this request either on the main forum page or the page entiltled "What ever happened to":, which is a bit below this one.

I wish you sucess in your quest, I am sure your mother will be delighted if it ever comes off.

Someone with more knowledge of all the surviving Peerless's will come along soon I am sure.

Good luck

Sue

Edited by SuzanneH

Hi WTFWT,

sorry been out the country (and no not for tax reasons!) and just picked you up.

I do know where 6267 SM is and the owners are good friends of mine. as most people on this site will agree, when you mess about with old cars the owners become more important than the cars themselves in the end!

I will call them soon and find out if the car is still on the road as its a couple of years since I've seen it.

if you dont hear anything in a week or so, pester me as I have been known to forget...forget what...forge what.....what's all this about frogs................ :lol: ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi WTFWT,

sorry been out the country (and no not for tax reasons!) and just picked you up.

I do know where 6267 SM is and the owners are good friends of mine. as most people on this site will agree, when you mess about with old cars the owners become more important than the cars themselves in the end!

I will call them soon and find out if the car is still on the road as its a couple of years since I've seen it.

if you dont hear anything in a week or so, pester me as I have been known to forget...forget what...forge what.....what's all this about frogs................ :lol: ?

He definatly needs a pester or a prod. even with a frog!!!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi WTFWT

Just found your post while searching for Peerless 6267 SM.

We run a classic car website called www.myclassicuk.com and recently bought a collection of old photos to add to the website.

Among them was this one which on the back says Peerless GT, Norchard, near Lydney, Gloucs 18/10/1992.

We've tried to clean up the photo, but was nearly 25 years ago and pre-digital !

Don't know when your grandfather passed away, but there's a couple of fold up chairs which may have been his !

Best regards

Simon

post-14996-0-39849800-1492190495_thumb.jpg

Edited by My Classic UK