A beautiful TR6 (probably someone on here's) for £3,600 with an email address

Just for fun I emailed the guy, got the usual bull**** back, "out of the country", "ship it to you at my expense" etc etc

his email to me....

"Due to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works:

- you give me your full name and shipping address

- I start the transaction with the eBay,

- they send further payment instructions,

- you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,

- they confirm me that they received the funds,

- I deliver the car,

- you receive the car,

- they send me the money.

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the car in good order.

Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you"

Don't worry Roger! Because of your previous wise counsel on matters TR (threads passim) I am happy to share my good fortune with you. You see, I had an email from a chap in Nigeria the other day who was apparently the Finance minister's nephew and has found an account with several hundred million dollars in it. Apparently he's going to transfer this to my bank account and pay me 10% commission so in a few days' time I'll be stinking rich! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I will gladly buy you a TR then! :D

Hey David, the account you mentioned belongs to an Yugoslavian Oil Company that does not exist anymore after the split up of the country. That was told to me by my Nigerian correspondant.

In so far the money belongs to me :)

And Roger don't start crying, you will get your car anyhow, where do you want me to send it :D

And whilst you silly buggers have been talking on here I have hacked into your computers and stolen your ID's :ph34r:

James

Yes it's most annoying to receive so many emails from all and sundry- just where do they get our email addresses from?

.... so I've taken to winding-up these scammers by sending some sort of a reply - I've not had so much fun in ages!!

The broken English and language that comes back is unbelievable, clearly not the High Commissioner of Wherever!!!

This actually gets worse with a complete mailing list hacked into and requested to help out a TR member who'd had all his cash and credit cards stolen whilst abroad. Cumbria group leaders email list was hacks whilst he is on holiday so area members beware.

Not that I would send money without more detail as I would not see a fellow member in the SH1t in Bongo Bongo land.

These are getting ever more inventive.

Littlejim,

I think you are entering a totally different area with THAT subject. :lol:

James

Had my credit card stopped before Xmas due to a USA seller reporting their database had been hacked, and my card details with it. Curiously the only transaction I had made with a USA company was to renew an annual sub. for antivirus software.

Ok you load, so me education aint much good is it! Thank you Moggymank, or is it Manky Moggy? Yes you were being pedantic, the error has been noted AND rectified :wub:

James