Help needed with nasty little stains

The rebuild of my 6 is going well and there are just a few "winter jobs" left. One of these has been to remove the hood and frame so as to clean up, derust and repaint said metalwork. That part of the job is now progressing well.

The hood however is another matter. The black canvas itself (mohair??) is in quite good condition but the underside, which is a sort of light tan colour, is very stained with rust and "black stuff" where the frame has been in contact.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can clean this headlining up and remove the stains without damaging the fabric of the hood itself.

Thanks folks.....I only ever seem to post on here when I've got a problem!!

Thanks Andrew. I did try some Renovo cleaner......works a treat on the top but will not shift the stains on the headlining! Ho hum, I'm nervous about oxalic acid etc that will normally shift rust marks so may well just have to live with these marks. Cheers for the advice though.