Stainless Steel bumpers

I've only had mine for around 18 months but they do seem to scratch more easily than chrome. That said, I think you can re-polish them.

The first front bumper they sent me was a terrible fit, the second one much better.

Given the choice again I'd probably go for a very good quaility strip and re-chrome of the original bumpers instead.

Rob

I've only had mine for around 18 months but they do seem to scratch more easily than chrome. That said, I think you can re-polish them.

The first front bumper they sent me was a terrible fit, the second one much better.

Given the choice again I'd probably go for a very good quaility strip and re-chrome of the original bumpers instead.

Rob

Interesting, that's my next major job on my car. I'm in Worcester - anyone have any experience of

re-chromers in this area. The rear bumper might need a bit of bashing...!

Edited by radiocheck

Hi Mark,

the chroming is only part of the job. To get a good durable finish the prearation and metal polishing (finishing) is all important.

I use a company in Wembly Middlesex - 'Colonnade Metal Finishers'. they are a bit further than you have requested but are very good and at reasonable cost.

They also straighten bumpers. When I took mine to them in 2010 they spotted the kinks that I did not see until then and returned them perfect.

Roger

Mark,

As you are in Worcester, I am sure Simon Andrews at Worcester Classic Cars would point you in the direction of a reasonably local re-chromer.

(Tel: 01905 345805.)

Jim

Being a stickler for originallity I gave my bumpers to the TR Shop in Chiswick to get them stripped and rechromed, cost 200 quid each, albeit 10 years ago, but still look good as new. B)