FIRST POST RE MY TR4

Back in February 1980 I purchased my first and to date only 'TR' - other cars have come and gone but the TR remains.

After running it from purchase date to the end of 1997 (inc two trips to Le Mans in 1989 and 1991) I took her off the road ostensibly to repair the lower n/s front wing. One thing lead to another resulting in a new floor pan, inner and outer sills, inner and outer rear wings etc - you get the picture. She was sprayed in white as per original though with tasetful red lines along her flanks and then i lost interest.

I was too busy rebuilding much larger and more powerful 'vehicles' which are now complete, which has awoken my interest in the TR such that a couple of weeks ago the engine was started for the first time in years. Hopefully she will be back on the road in early 2012 but I appear to have lost a few items in the last 14 years - one item in particular is holding up proceedings and that is a seat runner: the 'channel' that allows the seat to move for and aft. If anyone can assist it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I have a pair of seat runners/sliders/cassettes what ever you call them.

Just let me know.

Regards,

Saggy

I have sent you a message but where do i receive a reply - forum very new to me.

Regards

Steve

sTEVE

My thanks for the help proferred. I am now fixed up with a full set of seat runners.

Another question - twenty or so years ago I ditched the original standard painted wheels and bought four off chrome wire wheels (5.5k x 15) and they were shod with 195 x 65 x R15 tyres. I have just purchased a new set of chrome wire wheels and was wondering if I should stick with replacement tyres to the same size or take the opportunity to modify tyre size slightly. Any advice gratefully received. By the way standard wings and suspension front and rear though front has adjustable shockers.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I would stick to the recommended size for the rims you have. I think for 5.5 the size is 185x80xR15.

In my case I had 4.5 standard size wires and having tried 185 tyres I then tried 165x80xR15 Hancooks which suit the car much better. The Hancooks have been on the car since May 2011 and have done nearly 3000 miles in all weathers, at just over £80 a pair from "Mytyres" online plus £50 for 2 new tubes and fitting they are good value and an excellent ride. It is important however to fit the correct size tubes for the tyres, too large and they can overheat and chafe eventually causing a flat.

Best Regards Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi: the old girl nears completion. Just thinking about some safety upgrades. Does anyone supply good quality seat belts / anchorages etc plus a roll over bar / hoops suitable for a car fitted with both Surrey and hard top. If so whom?

Thanks and regards

Steve