stowage bag

Cant answer although cost go vinyl, double duck, mohair with an extra £100 as you go up to mohair.

I have a hood bag in black, good nick, surplus to my requirements. Its not canvas but not sure what its made of. Its too late now will have another peek in the morning.

Regards

Robin

.hi

I was wondering what the oringinal OE spec material was for 72 cp hood bags .

The one that came with my car is back stamped with a red triangle and the date

18 DEC 72 on it and does look alot like leather ?

cheers

Same red stamp as mine.

Std spec is Vinyil,it does have that leather look,but you can clearly see the material weave on the underside.

D/Duck ive noticed is a coarser material than Mohair.

Both look good when new but can fade,ive just reverted back and fitted a nos vinyl hood and got a great cond hood bag to match,so my d/duck hood bag is up for grabs.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=31734&hl=tonneau&fromsearch=1

Edited by PILKIE

Just checked mine, its a Double Duck hood bag, good condition , and not faded. £50+PP, you have a choice now, Pilkie's or mine.

Robin

pilike can you tel me on 01270 481965 ref stowage bag thanks billy

Dog Morgan,

Bear in mind a second hand hood bag will have the poppers attached , which may or may not line

up correctly with your own, if they dont it will look like a "Dogs" breakfast. :unsure:

Cheers

Guy

The black double duck tonneau on my first TR2 shrunk and faded to a grey colour - but that was 1971. It fitted like a glove but finally tore beyond repair in 1975! It was out in all weathers all year.

I think original TR6 hood stowage bag material was V818 single coated vinyl with a fawn fabric backing. That needs to be confirmed by someone with a NOS item.

Cheers

Peter W

"I think original TR6 hood stowage bag material was V818 single coated vinyl with a fawn fabric backing. That needs to be confirmed by someone with a NOS item."

That aligns with my experience Peter, in recent years I've passed on one nos Stanpart bag and one virtually unused, both CP items.

Cheers,

Alec

"I think original TR6 hood stowage bag material was V818 single coated vinyl with a fawn fabric backing. That needs to be confirmed by someone with a NOS item."

That aligns with my experience Peter, in recent years I've passed on one nos Stanpart bag and one virtually unused, both CP items.

Cheers,

Alec

My date stamped vinyl hood as above bag agrees

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...