Front Suspension Rebuild

Good article linked by Harald on rebuilding the front suspension of TR4A to 6.

Take special note on which way round the top inner fulcrum fits. Take note the way the offset of the top wishbones goes to give the 3 degree castor angle.

I think the RH threaded vert post is for the RH side of the car -( when you sit in the car)

My only observation is that I think the article shews the dirt shields on the trunion to lower arms being assembled the wrong way round.

I have always retained the dirt shield with the nylon top hat bush against the lower wishbone arm with the rubber ring filling the gap between the nylon and dirt shield. The thrust washer then sat in the cup formed by the dirt shield. Otherwise, why is the hole in the dirt shield the same diam as the o/d of the nylon top hat?

Cheers

Peter W

<p>BTW the threaded rod with two plates to compress the springs is the way to go. If you need any help with these let me know I have made some. Dont try without as the springs are a real pig without them. Otherwise its reasonably easy just make sure you keep a record of disassembly to make reassembly really easy. Takes a couple of hours each side.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Regards</p>

<p>Robin</p>