Replacement CP wiper switch wiring

Yes, been searching for an answer on the forum but couldnt find a clear (hooters) one. Problem is my newly acquired CP TR6 has a replacement wiper switch (ie not a Clear Hooters) with 4 terminals.

If I switch the wipers on to the first position the wipers start and then stop about half way across

windscreen.

If I put switch to second position - zilch ie nothing. If I then switch to off position the wipers complete their operation from the position half way across screen and park.....

What wires go to which terminals on the replacement clear hooters switch and any clues as to whats going on, as the motor appears to work ....

Thanks

Robin

Edited by RobinTR6

Robin-There are instructions in the Moss catalog (at least the US version) in the gauge/switch section for wiring the replacement wiper switch. My lucas replacement switch from TRF has 5 terminals. Looking the back of the switch the top left -green, bot. left-red/light green, top right-blue/light green, bot. right-brown/light green. This makes the top position off, middlle low speed, and bottom high speed. Hope this doesn't muddy the waters.

Berry

Berry

many thanks now wired a youve indicated. In addition one of the wires at back of the voltage regulator had come adrift hence my confusion. Anyway all rewired with better connections and now all working,

THANKS

Regards

Robin