Question about scuttle panel air vent lid

Could someone tell me how the scuttle panel air vent is supposed to work or be hooked up on my TR5? At the moment the spring clips are there and the panel can be opened and closed by hand but the Moss TR5/6 catalogue (p200 items 41~45) show a "vent lid operating rod" which is not present on my car. Despite scouring all the manuals I have (Bentley/Haynes/Heritage), I can't find reference to this or where it is hooked up.

Should this air vent be controlled from somewhere in the cabin? Where does the other end of that rod attach to?

TIA

Colin

Thanks very much Neil.

Edited to add, found the lever there on the side of the H frame too, so perhaps a bit of coathanger can be employed now?

Edited by Broxie

Thanks, will order correct part to be sure it works reliably!

Whilst on heating/ventilation, can anyone help with the cable clamp & screw that secures the heater box flap control to the side of the heater box? Cable & flap there, but not hooked up yet.

Edited by Broxie

Don't be hard on Robin, he deliberately left me half a dozen little jobs as an introduction to ownership :D