Great Day to Drive a TR!

Hi all,

What a great day to drive a TR, covered about 100+ miles in Surrey in my 3A, but sadly only saw one other classic: a Stag, but we waved courteously, so that was nice!  :)

Stopped at a place called "Ewshot" (only about half a mile from my house) and took some great photos: a typically English scene and rather photogenic: just thought I would share it (thanks again Clive for hosting the photo and offering me some website advice):

trk.jpg

TRK at Ewshot

Regards

Andrew

And the post box is even older than your car!

Pleased to see that you managed to post the picture Andrew!

In that case you are young... I say I'm always "young" as long as my car is 11 years older than I am!

And as long as it's a 1954 car and I was born in 1965, that will remain true!

.....having left the children with Granny!)

Well, that's a good start!

On the age thing: Ok, so I'm not actually 38! In fact, I'm five months older than TRK, who was registered on 25 April 1958, the same date (not year!) as my wedding anniversary: must be an omen.

Still, unlike TRK, at least the marriage hasn't broken down or overheated....………yet!   :P

Cheers

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Well, today I’ve had the first drive in TRK since getting back from an army "holiday" in Kazakhstan and what a great day to do it!

But what a contrast from my previous posting above, so many classics on the road from Farnham to Alton, all observed this afternoon within an hour (and two pints) from the Bull at Bentley overlooking the A31: a Conifer Green (TRG?) TR4A heading to Farnham (was it you?), two AH 3000s, an E-Type, a Herald conv, a "Moggie" or three, 2 Mustang convs and the ever-present MGs (most with their roof still up!), including a "proper" TF!

Yep, good to be back and makes a nice change from seeing clapped out Ladas’, donkey carts and desert in 42 degs!!  :)

Cheers

Andrew