Which clutch

Any views on which clutch to fit? The gearbox has to come out to fix a sticking clutch so am going to replace the clutch while it is out. Knowing very little about these matters :blink: any opinions on which one is best or which supplier would be appreciated,

Regards

Jas

Hi Jas

You could try TRGB Gary or Chris might point you in the right direction as to what they fit on cars coming in the workshop. B)

Cheers

Mike

P.S. Let us know what you decide to fit & from whom! It may help others.

Hi jas, Try and find a genuine 'Laycock' clutch cover ~ they're the best! Give John Sykes of TR Bitz a call, he supplied me with one for my TR3A (and I was lucky enough to get a spare when Moss had a clearout).

Tom. :rolleyes:

Edited by fireman049

the hydraulic clutch,as supplied by Racetorations,(no professional connection), has proved its

worth over 20k miles in my 5. Clutch action is light and smooth and does away with the troublesome cross

shaft,which is a known weekness on our cars,

cheers,

Laurence

Hi Lawrence,

the concentric slave cylinder is technically a good idea but should you have a leak you are seriously doomed.

There are also probems in selecting the correct cylinder for your pressure plate as there are a different shaped faces for the bearing.

The only problem with the original cross shaft/external slave cylinder is the intergrity of the taper pin and there are numerous ways to resolve this.

Roger

Points taken Roger, i may have been unlucky with 6s i owned in the past, but always seemed

to have problems with the clutch and associated cross shaft mechanism. Thus far,20k miles +,

hydraulic clutch has performed well..,

cheers,

Laurence