Emma's 6

Guest ntc

Thanks for the card Neil

re the brakes, were you setting a record being the fastest bleeder on the forum

maybe an air bubble escaped

seriously though, i had the same problem left it for a couple of days to allow the air bubbles to sort them self's out

then re bled no probs, think it was your advise

pink

Thanks for the card Neil

re the brakes, were you setting a record being the fastest bleeder on the forum

maybe an air bubble escaped

seriously though, i had the same problem left it for a couple of days to allow the air bubbles to sort them self's out

then re bled no probs, think it was your advise

pink

Pink

;)

Tried that, and left overnight at 30 psi no drop, they work fine with the engine not running but to much travel with?

Pink

;)

Tried that, and left overnight at 30 psi no drop, they work fine with the engine not running but to much travel with?

I can think of two possibilities.

Squashy hose. No doubt they are all new, but sounds like one might be swelling a bit under pressure. Could try clamping them off one at a time and seeing what effect each has.

If all brake linings and discs are new, they can sometimes seem a bit springy because they are not making full contact, just the high spots. This effect can be even more marked where new pads have been put on marked old discs (which I sure isn't the case here). A bit of use will sort this.

Cheers

Nick

Well Done Emma,looking very Elegant in White wont be long now till your out for a Blast in the 6 with Daddy trying to keep up in the 3 .

Neil,every Daughter deserves a Daddy like you .

Just had my first run in the 6!!!!! One very happy lady :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bring on Le Mans!!!!!!

It'll be all White, Day and Night :P Enjoy your New Toy and the LM Experience,Travel Safe and have Fun in the Sun.

Wise words Niall ;) piston rings now bedded in :o a bit of fine tuning and all should be well fingers crossed, hope you have all enjoyed the thread, BTCC tomorrow ;) not in a Tr :(

• 1 month later...

Looks good Emma, it would look much better with a nice set of MFs! rolleyes.gif

I suggest you have your running shoes on for Malvern when you tell her that to her face ;):lol::lol:

Stuart.

Nice looking, too! Must be some kind of longevity record for that heater valve, though :P

Funny Tom. Just wait until the first chilly evening this fall when she opens the valve.

oh and nice looking car Neil.

Edited by foster461

If it works OK then fine. I must admit I am a big fan of the US style one I have on the 4 kindly supplied by Stan. Smooth action and more accurate control.

Stuart.

Just thought you guys like pics? a bl!!!y heater valve sod it now deleted

Neil, jokes aside it looks like an absolute cracker, lovely work!

Ben

• 3 weeks later...