Hi

I am starting to do up the interior of my TR6 (CR 6328 O). Having taken out the carpets and seats, my first job is to sort out the seats. All the foam wedges on the outer vertical edges of the back of each seat have completely turned to a sticky dust. The rest of the foam is fine. I have found from Rimmer and Moss that you cannot buy these parts individually.

As I am a bit of a skin-flint can anyone give me any advice where I might buy these wedges separately and also if it is sensible to try and make them. I do not want to replace all of the foam as the rest of the foam looks fine.

Grateful for any thoughts and thank you.

Regards

Al

Al,

Did the same thing when I replaced my seat covers a few years ago. Go to your local upholstery place (not necessarily automotive) and buy a block of foam. They are usually offcuts for the amount you'll need and maybe - as I was - offered different firmness.

Then its just a matter of cutting it roughly to shape with a hacksaw blade and sculpting something remsembling a TR seat foam (use a VERY sharp blade for this).

Mine have been in for 6years now & no sign of sagginess or loss of support.

Good luck

Mike

Al

I did the same as described in the previous postings apart from the method of cutting the foam. I was advised by a TR club member to use an electric carving knife which worked perfectly. The two moving blades cut without distorting the foam and very thin final cuts are possible.

Regards

Alan