Holme Moss

Excellent Adey,

brings back memories of youth - my Dad's sit up and beg Anglia used to labour over the Woodhead Road like an asthmatic snail, as a teenager I could go faster on a pushbike ! Uncle Ken's TR2 was a different story, his Blower Bentley or s/c 4.3 Alvis another dimension . . . . happy memories. :D

Cheers,

Alec

Finished work early, new "GoPro" camera to test-out and the weather was good. How many more excuses do you need for a quick blast O'er t'hill?

Cheers

Adey

Adey !, awesome video. Tell us more about the camera, where it was located and how the audio was picked up (camera mic or external etc). Was the Hendrix track overlaid afterwards or did you have that on the in-car audio and it was picked up by the camera/mic ?.

Stan

Cheers for the positive comments!

It's a GoPro (http://gopro.com/cam...et-hero-camera/) which is a HD, wideangle, waterproof sports camera. It uses up to 32Gb cards and comes with a variety of camera mounts. The one I used for the vid was actually the one that it's displayed on in the box(!) It has a nice wide based which I just blu-tacked to the dash. There are windscreen mounts etc etc.

I actually bought it for mountain biking (see recent trip to alps vids

)

No sound on this as youtube removed the soundtrack due to copyright...

The sound track was overlaid in iMovie (MAC) afterwards. Any recommendations for MAC-based video editing software?

Cheers

Adey

Edited by Ade-TR4

Great video Adey and a very nice piece of kit. Best in car TR video I've seen for quality of picture and sound and what a lovely road.

So we have seen you in the car, on the bike......next one in the band?

Great video! I have a similar bit of film with the same backing track rolling down Highway 1 in California unfortunately in a "Sh1t box Dodge" not a TR. :lol:

Stuart.

Hi Mal; our band is only to be enjoyed after several Pangalactic-Gargleblasters. The more you drink, the better we play ;)

You'll have to come over and "exercise" the TR4 - There's a great loop taking in the "Ilse of Skye" road over Saddleworth Moor, Holme Moss and the Woodhead Pass.

Stuart: Sounds great to me, whatever the wheels!

Cheers!!!

Adey

Adey,

Thanks for posting that film - it's film like that that makes the hours of rebuild seem worthwhile.

Like you I have some spectacular driving scenery down here....when you can see it!

cheers

John

Hi Adey

The video is fantastic, don't the webers sound awesome.

We don't always remember how lucky we are to have such a road within ten minutes of home.

See you at the summit!

Andrew

Great footage Adey. Can you give me details of the camera and mount please. I can them film going into Goodwood without the shakes.

My car goes off the road in the next few days. 4 new wings and a re spray.

Tony

You beat me to it!

Hi Tony,

It's a "GoPro" HD. I got mine with a bike helmet mount and just used the display-case mount stuck to the dash to get the footage.

However, there is a windscreen mount/ sucker-cup type option so you can fix it higher up the screen.

Make sure you get the full HD version and get the fastest (class-10) SDHC card you can (32Gb gives a couple of hours recording)

The camera itself is a bit clunky in operation, but very sturdy AND waterproof. I think a front-bumper mount would be very interesting at speed.

Goodwood footage would be great - post it!

Ade

Edited by Ade-TR4

Great footage Adey. Can you give me details of the camera and mount please. I can them film going into Goodwood without the shakes.

My car goes off the road in the next few days. 4 new wings and a re spray.

Tony

that's wings spray and a camera then Tony. All good wishes for the wings and the spray. I look forward to some photos and the footage.

Look forward to some more TR film from you Adey, as well. That was very impressive quality. I would now like your wheels and the Webers. I was torn listening to Hendrix and those.

Edited by 4Mal