Latest results now on the HERO web site and Tony Sheach has been updating his blog!!

5th overall last i heard in the TR4......

Gordon

I hope you found out who put the Gulf colours on that Aston and gave him/her a good beating!

Interesting that you had some cars that I don't recall seeing at Market Drayton (apart from the TR6s) such as the Volvo P544 and the Sunbeam Rapier.

Did that Valencia 4A compete too? :P

Regards

Peter

Looks like Tony managed to finish 3rd overall and 1st in class!!!!!!!!!

Well done Tony :)

That's the list of class winners, Peter; you'll notice the last column shows individual overall positions including the Riley as first in class but 31st overall. I expect they will be publishing the ful table of results in due course.

HERO calculate their results on a 'class improvement' formula which can take some understanding - I couldn't make head nor tail of it on the Throckmorton, but my calculated placings and my position on scratch were very different! I'm sure they know what they are doing.....

Nigel

Niiiceeee! Flames from the exhaust at 1:15! And congrats with the result Tony!

Menno

Edit: just curious: were May and his team mate contending as individuals or was there a film crew travelling with them. In that case, I would love to see that film on the telly.

Edited by Menno van Rij

Edit: just curious: were May and his team mate contending as individuals or was there a film crew travelling with them. In that case, I would love to see that film on the telly.

Menno

I did wonder that too, but apparently it was not the James May but somebody else with the same name.

Regards

Peter

Menno,

Not at this moment, that I know.

Maybe later this week or just before the end of this year....?

With the GoPro it is easy to film, but it is quite some work selecting the right shots.

I suppose Tony has to do other things than processing his video and convert it into a film for us.... I guess.... :blink:

Marcel.

Edited by Quicksilver

Hi Marcel

Yes I would recommend the Vredestein Snowtrac 3 ..... But I have to say that after the first day (even though we were leading the rally) I didn't like how the car handled on the road as the vreds have more pliant sidewalls than my favourite Dunlop SP82's .... The upshot being that the car moved around on the chassis with a lot more body roll. However, the wheels were clearly fully on the Tarmac as the car stuck like it was glued. In the cold and wet, ice and snow the tyres were astonishingly good and I know that we cleaned some sections on the Scottish night sections up in Speyside because the tyres allowed me to be brave in the ice, much to Richards enjoyment. I think we were the only car to clean the first section of the middle night navigation over the hills, purely because I had grip and could push on hard.

The Vreds were also pretty poor on the loose, and almost useless in deep mud and sludge .... To the point that on the Eden Project tests (which were loose and deep gravel in places) Beastie bogged down in about 4 inches of grot, so I

I had to squirt out backwards and push through on the diff to get clear of a gate. I'd say that if I had a choice there I would have switched to the SP82's but alas LEJog is such that (much as all other road events in the UK) that you run what you brung, and no external service or planned tyre swapping etc is permitted.

All in all, they are half the price of the Dunlops and for 'normal' Tarmac use and in the cold I'd have another set tomorrow. In fact I do have another set, but that's another story!

Also, I've just bought a set of the Vredestein Sportrac 3 which are 'V' patterned directional tyres. If they are half as good as the Sportracs they will be super tyres too. The only snag will be in selecting which hand of spare to carry.

Regards and happy new year when it comes. Let's hope for open roads and safe, fast driving.

Tony