Hi all

The time for the toughest road event in Europe approaches, and we could do with a stronger Triumph entry ...... the name of the game is to take the Team prize and Id love to do it again. Richard and I are in Beastie, Jonno and Charlie in the 2000 supply ship so there is a slot spare ...... ;

This years Clerk of the Course is John Kiff, a very experienced rally man and 4 times Le Jog Gold medal winner, so this years event will certainly be one of the best ever. John has been working on the route and the tests for almost a year so far, so you can be sure that the usual Kiff attention to detail will be there; be brave and come and play.

http://www.heroevents.eu/Events/LeJog/le_jog_2011/le_jog_2011_entry_list/

Regards

Tony

It's on our "to do" list but I'm not sure we're ready yet. Have had a couple of good finishes but no real consistency and still making too many schoil boy errors in the navigation.

Kev

Leave the TR at home and use the Mk1 2000 instead, then?

(we've entered the Throckmorton in the TR, though....)

Great Avtar Nigel, I have just added "powerslide on gravel" to my list of jobs for the weekend. :rolleyes:

The wife usualy adds items like "weedkill the patio, or cut fire wood. Lets see if she notices.....

Did she notice, Richard? More importantly - did you do it?? :)

"Oh, I'd LOVE to do this - especially with my TR4 turning 50-years old on October 3rd. Not sure I can QUITE justify shipping it over to the UK for one rally, though..." Simple solution, Tim: ship it over and do several rallies!!! :):)

Nigel

Andy Lane is out again, but in the old-man-comfy-wagon-Mercedes again.

He couldn't get time off to defend his win last year, but he's back for 2011!

His TR4 is still in the garage at work waiting, waiting, waiting...

Good luck you all who enter: It's a fantastic event.

Tony, are you ROTT this year?

Ade

No ROTT this year, so Im doing HERO's Throckmorton Challenge and then Le JOG .... plus a couple of sprints, hillclimbs, autosolo, a 3 hour Endurance race and maybe a single venue tarmac stage rally ...... not that Beastie is a versatile machine at all mind !

Did she notice, Richard? More importantly - did you do it?? :)

Yes, last weekend, in the big classics only gravel carpark behind the grandstand at Spa.

Not quite as stylish as your Avtar Nigel, but there was certainly lost of power and plenty of slide.....

Spa 6 hours comes highly reccomended, I saw my first full race Sunbeam Tiger....Hmmmmm ;-)

Cheers,

Richard.

Edited by Richard V
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just ordered all the 46 maps for this rally today in one brand new lot. If anyone is interested I gave dash4it a call and they gave me an extra 5% discount on top of their normal prices so it worked out a pint or three cheaper than the official supplier. Just hope i have copied the numbers down correctly!

Thought i would phone up Roger to let the driver know that navigators can spend serious money too, but , it turns out he is having a limited slip fitted and he has ordered some proper job Pirellis in a winter compound for the car as well. So thanks to everyone who talked him round at the Throckmorton I really cant wait for the rally to get going now, cheers Ryan.