Our TR6 has always suffered from rain water leaks. Not when its going along. Only went its standing still !. In that after a period of time we get water sitting in the groove of the door aperture rubber/felt inner draught excluder trim. This then trickles down on to the carpet. As its not often parked in the rain, its annoying rather than life threatening. But I have tried all sorts of things to get to the bottom of it. Including making new water curtains, and covering the voids behind the door cards properly with plastic sheet. But still no success. Any ideas. ?

Malcolm

I had this problem too. I fixed it by altering the position of the bottom part of the door glass to windscreen P seal (part 620913). These come in two thicknesses and I found the thicker one seals more effectively. Anyhow, the problem is at the bottom. Often the P seal is just tucked in to the furflex seal around the door. This can cause a leak. You can solve this by gluing the bottom of the P seal further out. Difficult to explain and for the life of me I can't seem to attach a picture. However, if you look at this webpage (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/WindowChannel.htm ) - the second picture shows what I mean. You can see the bottom of the P seal is glued to the outside edge of the A post. Hope this helps.

David

Hi Malcolm,

a similar question was asked last week. One possible fault area is water leaking between the wing and scuttle immediately forward of the door.

This allows water to fall onto the forward face/edge of the door and then runs down to the lower surfaces.

Cover the area in french chalk, close door, spray water on the car and see where the wet marks are.

Roger

Mine lets the water in when parked in steady drizzle - just finds it's way in somehow. However, as you say, on the go it stays dry. Apparently very common and difficult to judge when the water will come in, and when it doesn't.

Eventually, I invested in a car cover - just for the top half. The TR Register sells them and it works well if you're away in the car for the weekend somewhere.

http://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/convertible-top-cover-33-p.asp

The way I see it is it's a very old design and was prob not 100 pc waterproof when new so there is bu£££r all chance of it being so now . Much newer Saab and jag soft tops I've had are just as bad . Soft tops and rain don't mix well and need kept garages when not used . Either that of I'm just a grumpy sod .

The "P" seal does make a lot of difference and you do need to use all of it and glue it to follow the outside edge of the "A" post below the waist line and that will keep the water away from the door seal. There are two types, thick and thin, depending on how tight your windows are to the screen frame depends on which one you use.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart