... and my new TR4A too!

Hi All

I'm new here, just bought my 1st TR4A and joined the Cleveland group. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for an Aluminium Backlight for TR4A in reasonable condition? There seem to be plenty of the canvas surrey tops available for around £150-180. But the back windows seem a bit expensive! :wacko:

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Forum and the Cleveland group! You will find that the rear frame is expensive due to its rarity (in good condition) and desirability, probably around £1000 if it includes rear screen in good condition.

Consider a 'Breezebreaker' if its the wind that bothers you! http://www.breezebreaker.co.uk/

Pass on my regards to the Cleveland group when you are at the next meeting.

Cheers

Graeme (exiled Cleveland member)

Thanks Graeme - I'll do that.

Err - it's not the wind that bothers me it's something far more important than that!

If I lose the ragtop and go for a Surrey - my Clumber Spaniel gets the 'back seat' and can come out to play too!

I too now own a New White TR4A - must find out how you add that to your profile thingy!!

ATB

Phil

Hi Phil,

you can protect and contain the hood with a stowage cover, which leaves room for a dog in the back. Cost around £100.

There are plenty of dog car harness devices on ebay and in pet shops, to keep the dog in the back rather than clambering frontwards or diving out over the side at speed, cost £10-15. Several of these devices just slot in to a standard seat belt socket. Nip down the scrapyard and extract a suitable seat belt socket from any old car for a couple of quid, and bolt it in somewhere convenient, spreader plate/washer underneath, and you'll need to find a nut of course.

Other harness versions are secured by a seat belt - in which case buy an old-fashioned lap belt, or find one in a scrapyard, and install that - occasionally a lap belt can be useful also for securing luggage.

Total cost about one tenth of the cost of a Surrey top.

Cheers,

Alec