Fuel pressure problem - test kit needed

My TR6 seems to have acquired a large flat spot - anything less than about 3k revs :( Suspect fuel pressure may be amiss.

Can anyone supply/lend/hire a test kit at modest cost or provide a list of parts to make up my own? I remember seeing some similar postings in the past so apologies if this duplicates them.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi!

You do not say if it is a PI or not.

If it is a carb version then a simple lo gauge vacuum instrument from Gunsen will work.

If it is a PI then you have to have a gauge that measures 10 Bar put on an extension tube (about 1 yard) and put a T-piece at the end so that you can insert it at the entrance to the metering unit. You then put the gauge under the wiper. Take the car for a drive and see what the gause does. It should hold 7.2 Bar (104.4 PSI) in all conditions. 7.2 Bar stationary is useless. What is the use of 7.2 Bar stationary and only 4 Bar when driving? Do not measure at the back of the car this is also useless.

It's a PI car. The metering unit is not the problem, it was supplied about 4 years ago by KRS. The problem is at the rear of the car & is whether the fuel pump (Bosch) or prv is on it's last legs or can be adjusted. This is beyond my limited technical ability - the car is being looked after by an ex-Triumph main dealer engineer with much experience of working on the pi system 'in period' but he does not have the test equipment.