"Please" can anybody help.

Hi,please can anybody help.The guy that was restoring my 63 TR4 went bust, with the car only three parts finished, he had taken out the window channels and brackets to replace the channels,I got the car from his workshop, but within a few weeks he emigrated to Bulgaria and the window channels not to be found.I can buy new channels but cannot get the brackets anywhere. Please any ideas would be great.

If I cant get them I think I will give up and try to sell the car, which was my brothers since 1975.

Edited by davetr463

The Roadster Factory in the US sells the window channels complete with the brackets. I have them fitted on my car. They have them on sale right TRF window channels .

Hi,please can anybody help.The guy that was restoring my 63 TR4 went bust, with the car only three parts finished, he had taken out the window channels and brackets to replace the channels,I got the car from his workshop, but within a few weeks he emigrated to Bulgaria and the window channels not to be found.I can buy new channels but cannot get the brackets anywhere. Please any ideas would be great.

If I cant get them I think I will give up and try to sell the car, which was my brothers since 1975.

Hello Dave I used to make up new channels but "retired" from lack of orders, I may be able to get you sorted out from what I have left in "stock" pm me if you feel the need.

I have made a couple up for Dave but dont have the centre bracket for each rear slide which was different than 4A 5 and TR6 cars, because of the door lock difference if any one has a couple of worn out N/S and OS rear slides

we could have a pair!

Like these

DSC00247.jpg

and a repair from over in the USA

DSC00248.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

Dave, if you are still there, I can highly recommend Peter's window channels. He very kindly made me a set for my car here in Australia and they were a perfect fit. Thanks Pete.

Cheers

Tony

Dave may have solved his problem, despite me taking a lot of time and trouble to make him a pair up as he requested, sadly without the centre bracket, which gary is to sort out.

so we could eventually make a pair of complete ones. But have had no word from the chap, ah well, such is life.

If anyone else is looking for a pair of rear left and right slides for a TR4......................£20 the pair +p@p thats not too dear is it?

Hi Pete,

I had a similar problem with repair sections for the TR4 boot lid. Is it all worth the trouble.

Roger

I still like to think that there are many more good uns than the other sort, so we keep going, how about a few pics of your TR4 restoration I need some spurring on, go on now tell me you have madev a movie of it and I missed it!

just been for some freezer bags to try and locate the stuff later on, I always think when I take something to bits that I will remember that bit, but sadly dont, so its bag it and mark it this time.

come on get them pics up before this evening,