Another real TR7 Sprint?

I've just been speaking to someone after I read their posts on the TriumphTR7.com forum.  He's never owned or even driven a TR7 before but has just bought what looks to be a real TR7 Sprint.

Commission no: ACH00534-F

Engine no: CH/2-HE

Colour: Flamenco with Red/Black trim

Destination dealer: BL cars ltd canley coventry

Reg no: was ARW 181S, but now CYD 138S

I've not yet been to see the car, but the owner confirms the engine bay looks just the same as the pictures of John Gibson's Sprint and the Robsport one that I sent him and that the VIN plate agrees.  He doesn't have the original engine, but knows where it is and will get hold of it (or at least check the number).

After my summer hols I itend to go have a look.  Chris T / John G / Richard C, your opinions please?  Also the owner may well be interested in trading it for a 7 DHC as he's not an early car FHC anorak like some of us......

p.s. - extra info from heritage cert:

Also it says "this car was originally intended for display in the 1977 motorfair in earls court,london. we cannot verify whether it was in fact displayed here. in approximately november 1978 it was transferred to bl cars ltd at cowley, oxford the registration mark arw 181s was issued in coventry in 1977 or 1978. We confirm this car is a genuine tr7 sprint of which approx 60 were made."

Guest john345453
nice one malc glad your spreading the word i will see if i can get the number off the original engine tomorrow and will e mail it to you. malc is right i may be able to do a deal with either a dhc or v8 conversion because i would rather it go to someone who would look after it because im allergic to spanners. :D