Anyone going to Goodwood Revival?

I'm taking the TR4A to this year's Revival - a total of 900 miles and a return ferry crossing from where I am. This year I can only stay for the Friday and Saturday....any other TR register members going?

ps hope my new driveshafts & hubs come in time to get fitted before I travel!

Me too!

I'll be at Lavant Bank on Saturday 17th with my Apple Green '59 TR3A

Willie Felger

South Downs Group

Yes , we'll be there in the TR4 , parked in the pre '72 car park.

Sadly just for the Saturday though.

We usually picnic at car around 1pm ish, I dare-say we could have a spare slice of Pork pie !!!!

Trevor

Must look for you Saturday lunchtime...I'm sure I'll have spare pinot grigio!

Signal red TR4A with a toy owl on the back seat(don't ask!)- see you all there :-)

Hi , just to clarify from your post Andrew, Goodwood changed the early cars parking from pre '64 to pre-73 ,i.e. tax exempt, a couple of years ago. cheers Trevor

Ahh, thanks for that info Trevor – you’ll find us in with the ‘riff-raff’ then! :D

Cheers

Andrew

Brilliant - driveshafts and Goodwood tickets both arrived today! Not so brilliant...bloody great oil leak betwixt gearbox and engine it seems though the spread of oil made it hard to work out exactly where the source is. %h^t!!

Brilliant - driveshafts and Goodwood tickets both arrived today! Not so brilliant...bloody great oil leak betwixt gearbox and engine it seems though the spread of oil made it hard to work out exactly where the source is. %h^t!!

Check your rocker gasket first ;)

Stuart.

Check your rocker gasket first ;)

Stuart.

Rocker gasket is perfect as far as I can see. Why can't the bloody rain stop so I can get the car out and take it a few miles, warm the oil amd let it leak like buggery if need be. I've a dreadful fear it's the crankshaft rear oil seal...and it's a lip type conversion too..I don't need this.

Ill be there with either BST82B or 3VC in the GRRC or pre 66 car park at the front of the racecourse. Tweed suit n'all gov'nor .....

Regards

Tony

Signal red, EYE 980C, toy owl on the back seat, delighted to speak, share food and pino grigio with fellow TRers. Tweed jacket, flat cap or pork pie hat (Friday and Saturday respectively) and bow tie. Will be in car park B.

Leak sorted then or just carrying a bootful of oilcans? :rolleyes:

Nope...it's quite a drip when warm and definitely coming from between engine and gearbox....rear oil seal maybe...so much for the rear oil seal conversion if so. At least the rest of the engine is nicely loosened up in the 2300 miles since total rebuild.

Edited by Edmond

Update: guess what! It's not the driveshafts causing my problems. Seems the diff - which was supposedly rebuilt - is shot. More money plus the oil leak is from the OD. 20 days to get this sorted. And the expense.

Had to go to London on business and found myself nipping down Jermyn Street, and thought sod it, may as well treat myself to a natty over-priced bow tie for the Goodwood clothes. Leaks and duff diffs be damned I'll be at Goodwood on a push-bike if need be.

Traveling from the USA to attend - unfortunately my 67 TR4A is not making the trip - hope to meet some fellow owners. We are there all three days.

Just converted my 67 to a 5 speed - happy to share the experience with all.

We will be at the Revival with our 4A. Staying at the campsite from Thursday through to Monday in our Motorhome so hope to see any other TR owners doing similar. Visitors welcome if you can locate our Mercedes Rapido A class and Signal red 4A. Period dress preferred !

Wow ! OK, looks like I may get a freebee for the Sunday, was going to park in the pre 66, but that's gone, so maybe in with Andrews Riff Raff (!) in the pre 72 (really, when did that happen)........went for the first four years, haven't been since so hope the 'tweeds' still fit :o:D

............and as the 4 has the the statuary oil leak, I'll fit right in :ph34r:

So, who else is going on the Sunday, other than Andrew ?