On 8/9/2011 at 11:16 AM, Peter Cobbold said:

Have you tried washing out the flame-trap with petrol? I have ditched it and use a catch-tank and the goo that gets to the tank could well clog up the flame-trap.

When you re-ringed the pistons did you check the roundness of the bores to check for wear and if within the correct limits, then hone the bores to glaze bust the bores so that the new rings can bed in? and correct any out of roundness. If not your engine may require a re-bore. I doubt that your rings would have bedded in? and you get blow by!

Bruce.

Hi, 

I have the Moss Supercharger setup on my 6. The venting to the air filter seems to work well even when before I had he engine rebuilt. Blow by seems minimal. However if you feel need more venting then you can modify the fuel pump blanking plate or buy one that is already modified (you can find them online for other cars that use the same pump). I would definitely route the vent to the air cleaner as this provides some vacuum and is better for the environment.

Cheers

Tim

4 hours ago, astontr6 said:

When you re-ringed the pistons did you check the roundness of the bores to check for wear and if within the correct limits, then hone the bores to glaze bust the bores so that the new rings can bed in? and correct any out of roundness. If not your engine may require a re-bore. I doubt that your rings would have bedded in? and you get blow by!

Bruce.

Bruce, 20 thou rebore and new pistons, covered only 25 k miles.However I notice fumes from catch tank during or just after running at up to  8psi boost. Suspect gaps might be closing up under the extra heat, and allowing gas past. Blown engines should. I susequently read, be built with larger ring gaps. Peter

10 hours ago, Tim D. said:

Hi, 

I have the Moss Supercharger setup on my 6. The venting to the air filter seems to work well even when before I had he engine rebuilt. Blow by seems minimal. However if you feel need more venting then you can modify the fuel pump blanking plate or buy one that is already modified (you can find them online for other cars that use the same pump). I would definitely route the vent to the air cleaner as this provides some vacuum and is better for the environment.

Cheers

Tim

+++ I'll definitely leave the line from the rocker cover to the air filter/carb.

Just want to supplement it for added protection.

Seen some guys post with boost extra, pressure has messed up or made the rear seal leak oil. I think mine drips. 

I have a fuel pump blanking plate with a threaded hole.

So use that and either run a 90 then a small pipe straight up with a tiny filter?

Or a 90 with a tube going down under the chassis? (if i do it this way i'll tie wrap some cheese cloth on it to see if it's making a mess.

Will these simple measures give the extra protection i'm looking for?

bplate.jpg

Edited by fumblefingas
imadummy