Insurance (Lower Fulcrum Bracket)

Hello again,

still working on 'improving my 4A', some of you may recall I managed to pull the nuts on the trailing arm bracket through the chassis, now all fixed. Looking at the front it could happen here too so I want to make a plate to spread the load, after struggling under the car with a 12" steel rule I wonder if anyone can tell me the distance between centres on the two bolts that hold the lower fulcrum bracket to the chassis, as always, thanks in advance and I will see you at Harrogate,

Cheers, Andrew

This problem has been known since the mid-1970s, when TR4As started to fall apart, followed by TR5s the TR6s.

You can buy well-engineered and proven strengthening kits from CTM and Revington (and others?).

Ian Cornish

Hello again,

still working on 'improving my 4A', some of you may recall I managed to pull the nuts on the trailing arm bracket through the chassis, now all fixed. Looking at the front it could happen here too so I want to make a plate to spread the load, after struggling under the car with a 12" steel rule I wonder if anyone can tell me the distance between centres on the two bolts that hold the lower fulcrum bracket to the chassis, as always, thanks in advance and I will see you at Harrogate,

Cheers, Andrew

AS Ian says, I would spare yourself the effort and just get some of the strengthening plates available from Revington. I don't have a part number, i think they may be a TR6 part.

If you use those then I would also get 4* lower fulcrum brackets with extra long studs from Revington - Part No. RTR3287

You should also, of course, make sure that you have had the radiused strengthening brackets welded in and that the welds are still good.

Andy

Edited by 67_gt6