How Many Left TR7's - not a lot

Bloody hell, i have one of the six dhc autos left.............Rare car ehh! might top up my pension

i was surprised how few 7's are left i assume they include v8 conversions in there figures ? having owned a number of 7's since 1993 and remember well how they were looked down on back then :)p ! i came across a fhd auto on sunday , showing 8000 miles since new , chap said it belonged to his great uncle since new and he has just spent a rather large amount rebuilding it and putting it back on the road , despite this he had never heard of the tr register . i own a premium myself at moment . need to get it back on the road :)

post-10148-0-54516000-1309218077_thumb.jpg

post-10148-0-54516000-1309218077_thumb.jpg

i was surprised how few 7's are left i assume they include v8 conversions in there figures ? having owned a number of 7's since 1993 and remember well how they were looked down on back then :)p ! i came across a fhd auto on sunday , showing 8000 miles since new , chap said it belonged to his great uncle since new and he has just spent a rather large amount rebuilding it and putting it back on the road , despite this he had never heard of the tr register . i own a premium myself at moment . need to get it back on the road :)

If you put in TR8 you find 16 Taxed & 32 Sorned which is more than I suspect the number built in this country ( US & UK Models )

Proably some TR7 's have been changed to TR8's when the V8 were put in.

Even 1 Auto TR8

I don't think you will find many TR8s that were not built in this country . . . . ;)

Only a small number were built rhd as original, mostly registered in the UK - along with a few lhd cars that were also UK registered originally. Over the intervening 30 years more than a few TR8s have been re-imported into the UK.

There are probably rather more than 50 genuine TR8s in the UK, some having been off the road long enough not to have been SORNed.

Cheers,

Alec

You're so right Alec, my LHD TR8 was registered new in the UK in 1980 then personally exported to the USA 3 years later. I brought it back 10 years ago but DVLA did not even know it had been exported and I was able to just apply for the V5 and keep the original reg number. It is taxed at the moment but I sorn it for 6 months of the year so I don't know if is listed as Sorned or lisensed.

Cheers John

If you put in TR8 you find 16 Taxed & 32 Sorned which is more than I suspect the number built in this country ( US & UK Models )

Proably some TR7 's have been changed to TR8's when the V8 were put in.

Even 1 Auto TR8

i assume you mean build for this country :) figures vary on how many were build for the uk 82 / 85 something like that . we of course got ours after the export market . always a shame that bl did'nt build the tr8 from the outset for all markets as they planned to . but all the strike action etc at the speke plan put pay to that idea . i had one of the few original p reg cars back in 1995 for a short time but alas at the time it was completely rust ridden and would have cost a forture to rebuild , did toy with re shelling it but another child came along and i had to trim my collection down and it was scrapped :( . also have owned a very early uk reg convertible and still have the v5 for it . the 7 i have at mo is one of the rarer special editions . a geninue premium model "black with either gold or silver stripes " . not quite as rare as a coke cola car . but still only 400 of them made . it has factory fitted electric windows , factory fitted h2 halogen headlamps . the only thing not standard on it or the wheels , has a set of period wolfrace alloys fitted by a previous owner instead . can't be many premiums left now .

20 years ago I had a mint Lotus Esprit S3 and wished I had kept it as acording to this site there are only 2 left. a neighbour was looking for one and I went with him to view a few, he now has a nice red one in the garage. There are only two in existance but I have one next door and looked a three others.

Reliable info. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...