I am close to buying a tr7 Spider. I have always loved this edition and have an opportunity to buy one. What should I look for before buying it?

Thanks,

JDB

Make sure its a genuine one, i know of a couple which have been made to look like a genuine spider. there are not many in the UK

JDB, are you in the US. If so there are quite a few Spiders around and the points to look for are the same as on any TR7. Make sure the seats etc which are unique to the Spider are in the car. If you are in the UK then Jim is right, there are only two genuine Spiders known in the UK, one completely restored to standard fuel injected form and the other restored and converted to V8. The V8 car was recently for sale and was restored/converted with a 4.6 V8 in the late nineties.

I am close to buying a tr7 Spider. I have always loved this edition and have an opportunity to buy one. What should I look for before buying it?

Thanks,

JDB

sorry..it cant be the 4.6 v8 cause that is now sat on my drive. ;) and for you guys in the west midlands .. you may get to see it

trickyx12000,

Welcome and if your new purchase is avaialble next weekend and you fancy a trip to Billing Aquadrome for the TR Drivers National you can meet up with simon who owns the TR7 Spider on this side of the pond.

Hope you can make it :D

Edited by tr7jim

It would be nice if there was a Premium to complete the set.

The 4.6 V8 was converted by TR Drivers club members Rod Ambrose and Mike Collins in the 90s on a genuine Spider shell.

HI Guys,

Thanks for the invite, we will probably come down for a nose if they do day tickets but the Spider is very unlikely to be ready to come with us. She has not been mot'd for 10 years and we are doing our best to get her back on the road....she is running and is still in very nice nick....but the 4.6 is not set up fully yet. Today was spent getting the carb fully working but we still have emmision problems (I am waiting for a mate to come and help me to set the emmisions up, who incidently took part in building a handful of TR7 & 8 at the "methods build dept" at Longbridge which I have not seen mentioned on any site/books etc). having got the carb working and "not" testing her on a quiet public road she has popped a coolant hose and the alternator has packed up. so can anyone tell ... how many spiders are definately still in the country?

Yeah thanks.. have already made contact with Rod.

DT