Plug Leads and Cap.

Hi, need to replace cap and leads but unsure which ones to go for, i know Magnecor are the best but they are pricey, yes, i know you get what you pay for but do i need to pay this much to get a good reliable set? your advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,,,, John.

I buy a length of plug lead and suitable caps from Tim Hodgekiss and make my own. http://www.vintagemotorspares.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/hodge?opendocument&part=2

Years ago when I had a Silver Shadow and it needed new plug leads, because the resistive ones had gone high and caused the electronic ignition to fail, I bought another set from the main agents. Threading plug leads round a Shadow is an absolutely horrid job and tales hours, and guess what they were faulty and I had to do it again, so now I use copper wire plug lead and rubber caps without suppressors. As no one listens to AM radio these days, I'm not upsetting anyone.

Ash

Copper - virtually everlasting and no sudden failures.

And Rotor Arm from Martin Jay (Distributor Doctor) - and a spare in case you drop it down a drain or stand on it! I had two modern "Lucas" rotor arms fail in a dozen years, but now have one of Martin's red ones fitted, so have ceased to worry.

Ian Cornish

Hello, I agree with Ian C,copper is the way to go, get an original distibutor cap (side entry) and 2 metres of bumble bee cable, looks good as well,

Andrew

Ok everyone, thanks for the advise, have just received all the bits i need from Distributor Doctor and very helpful he was too, ordered it one day, here the next, great service.

I agree, very helpful, but was disappointed that he failed to tell me the price he quoted me on the phone didn't include VAT and delivery. Bit of a surprise when I received the bill.