Spare wheel cover Dzus escutcheons

Hi all,

Just had the spare wheel cover painted and am now ready to replace the lock escutcheons. It's a silly one, but can any one advise on whether the hinge(pivot) is at the top or the bottom, when installed?

thanks, Phil.

Hinges at the top.

Rgds Ian

And a note of warning: some suppliers sell a short version of the famous Duzz key. Do not use that one when opening the wheel cover: the T-part of the key will foul the escutcheons and it will snap off (don't ask). Always use the original long key!

Menno

Menno, how short is that short key ? I have several in varying lengths but none of them look like they would hit the lid of the spare wheel cover fasteners.

Stan

I have a T-key that is about 8 cm (3 inch) long, and is useless in the spare wheel locks, since the handle hits the overriders before turning. I would need one about 12 cm (5 inch) long.

Can somebody confirm that Moss T-key (part number 650161) is long enough?

Jesus

Not sure about the Moss one but I have 3 keys of which two are originals at 5" and one made up one at 5 1/2" One point with them is the end 1/2" needs to be ground square up the taper so that it fits deep enough into the bonnet Dzus fasteners to prevent damage.

Stuart.