'Concours' TR4 for sale - good value?

Nothing to do with me, but on the basis of soaring prices for top cars that

has been discussed on the forum recently, this seems like very good value....

assuming it's as good as they say it is.

I saw that ad last night and thought the same.

Now you dump these sissy tyres and get an old english white surrey. Then the word concourse is accurate. A black and red surrey? Not in me backyard.

Badfrog, drives a basket case but at least in style ...

If it's as good as the description it won't be there long.

The steering wheel is on the incorrect side, was about to say wrong side but then some clever fart would point out that the steering wheel is on the right side which of course is the wrong side, and please dont say nearside or offside or you really will confuse me

Another scotch please..... :D:D

Alan,

I'm with badfrog on this one - cracking looking standard resto but don't like the red surrey & yank style tyres

...and whats wrong with fitting a nice period wood vaneer dash anyway?!!

A nice looking 4 for someone

John

I've got to say, I much as I love my TRs are they really worth that kind of money? I realize this is a special case as the car is concourse, but I like the idea of our cars being cheap and readily available to the youngsters looking at driving a proper car. Prices like this, while good for the pocket book if you are selling make the cars just a bit to exclusive for me. When I sold my TR3a for almost 14 grand two years ago I thought that was a silly price and now I'm thinking if I want another one I'd better buy it quickly or they'll be too expensive. Even resto projects are six to eight thousand dollars in Canada!

Paul